Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Great Aunt Enid's Pavlova Recipe

In my own words of course - after making it twice!

Last time I made a pav was when I was nine and I grilled it.  I wanted a bit of my sisters glory as she (who went on to become a chef and food writer) used to do all the baking when we were kids.


Preheat oven to 125 C.

Beat 3 egg whites till really stiff.  As in peaks standing up by themselves.


Slowly trickle in 175 g of white sugar with 1 teaspoon of corn flour mixed in.  You should aim to add it in one tablespoon at a time.  This takes ages but is worth it!  Trust me.

When its all nice and white and glossy and peaky and marshmallowy -

stir through 1 teaspoon malt vinegar and 1 teaspoon vanilla


Grease a baking tray, sprinkle it with a couple of drops of water
then spread out your baking paper.  Grab a dinner plate and trace around it on to the baking paper.

Now heap up all the pav mixture into this circle.  Fluff it all up and whack it in the oven for an hour.
When done, leave it overnight in the oven.

get busy with some cream, kiwfruit, flake or passionfruit.  De light ful!

No comments:

Post a Comment