Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Kurt


Tortured genius.
Was it really the years of stomach rotting barbiturates that did you in?
Was it really all the (wanted but hated) fame and glory?
Did you not want to be the Father of Grunge any more? I bet you hated that word.

I love all the eager but kinda cool and stand offish letters you wrote to record execs when you were still trying to make it.  You really wanted it Kurt.  Then you got it, except not in the way you expected or wanted and you didn't know what to do with it.  Be careful what you wish for.  I guess you never knew you would become the mouthpiece for a generation.  What a weird thing to be.

27 was too young for your exit.  And what a way to go...selfish and silly really as all suicides are.

I bet you would still have been doing some cool shit.  And nothing like the foo fighters.

When I saw you play live you wore this brown cardy.  Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment