Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My TV Crush

Kristoffer Polaha
or Nate Basel from my fave show Life Interrupted.  I love this show.  I don't know whether its because the lead is a radio girl like me (which you very rarely see on telly), or  the unrequited love affair between Baze, Kate and Lux.  Either way, I'm hooked.     Its sort of got the suggestion that your high school crush or first love could actually end up being your soul mate.  I'm not so sure about that, but I do have an ongoing deep affection for my first ever bad boy who taught me how to blow smoke rings and bought me my first ever zippo - even though we haven't seen each other for nearly ten years.  I think of him often.  
And then sometimes your life does get interrupted.  There's the guy who your life unintentionally collides with at a moment in time, and you're left making choices you hadn't expected to and your pendulum swings,  suddenly,  way off course.  It has a massive ripple effect on your future, you may not know it at the time, but you will recognise its power, years later.    Some times things happen in life and you sort of have a sliding door moment with someone where things could have turned out either way.  And sometimes if you look closely (or want to) you can sort of see exactly how your life would have played out if you had made different choices or chosen that  path.  I still think of him often too.

No comments:

Post a Comment